Date:      Tue, 07 Oct 2003 20:09:16 +1000
From:      Peter Grehan <grehan@freebsd.org>
To:        Jens Rehsack <rehsack@liwing.de>
Cc:        Porting FreeBSD to the PowerPC <freebsd-ppc@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: Initially setting up power pc

Hi Jens,

> Hm, I could start a research if setting up harddisk is definitively
> impossible. What I'm currently interested in is, how do I labeling
> the disk to get started?

 Sorry, I don't know what format disks should be on IBM rs/6k machines.

> >>Linux/PPC runs fine, since 2000.
> >
> > OK, that should at least give you a start wrt to how to bootstrap the system.
>
> wrt?
> Don't understood.

 Linux already has the boot process working on this machine, so if you can
work out how it occurs (e.g. what OpenFirmware commands are needed, what
format the loader is in etc), it should help in understanding what is needed
to get FreeBSD to boot.

later,

Peter.