Date:      Thu,  2 Feb 1995 20:22:01 -0500 (EST)
From:      Pat_Barron@transarc.com
To:        hackers@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   FreeBSD with Bustec BT-542B SCSI interface

Has anyone successfully gotten FreeBSD working with a Bustec BT-542B
(Adaptec AHA-1542B clone) SCSI adapter?  It works with DOS just fine,
but FreeBSD has problems with it - the "aha" driver recognizes the
board, but something chokes as its autoconfiguring (after the
SCSI_DELAY interval), and the kernel panics (don't have the exact
panic message here, sorry, but I seem to recall that it's a "page not
present" sort of thing).

I have had contact with people who have said "yeah, I've seen that
too", but no one has come forward and told me that they had gotten
this to work.....

I've asked about this before, but I have been trying to get this
machine running FreeBSD again lately, so I thought that enough new
people might have subscribed to this list that it might be useful to
ask again.....

--Pat.