Date:      Fri, 5 Jun 1998 10:16:46 -0400 (EDT)
From:      Marty Poulin <mpoulin@honk.org>
To:        newbies@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Installing X

Hello,

I am very new to FreeBSD, and I am wondering if there is a good step-by
step instruction on installing X Window system on FreeBSD?

I thought I specified that I wanted to run X during the installation
(2.2.6 release), but I am unable to run XF86Setup or xf86config.

I read the documentation from xfree86.org and the X Window System section
of the FAQ, but it is no help to me at this point since I can't even run
the setup program.

It's very likely that I messed up during the installation on my system.
(I chose a custom installation and selected what I thought were the
appropriate X components)  Would I be better starting over from scratch
and selecting one of the pre-built X Window installations instead?
I don't have too much invested in my system right now, so it won't be
too much of a loss to start over.

If someone can point me in the right direction, it would be greatly
appreciated.

Thanks.

================== Quotefile(c) 1997  Martin Poulin =====================

A man said to the universe:"Sir, I exist." "However" replied the universe,
"the fact has not created in me a sense of obligation." - Stephan Crane