Date:      Thu, 6 Aug 1998 17:31:42 -0400
From:      Kitt Diebold <kitt@connecticom.com>
To:        "Jim Flowers" <jflowers@ezo.net>
Cc:        <freebsd-isp@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: ethernet cards...

I want to provide a physical seperation between each company's internal
network and my network (and thus the internet). Each ethernet connection
goes off to a different company's internal network, where they do their
day-to-day business. By routing, I will only be moving IP packets bound for
their network, (and outbound packets) and not their general traffic,
appletalk, netbios (I'll block those ports), etc.

I don't see how I could get this functionality by using a hub.

Also, by using multiple ethernet cards, I figure we can do 'value added'
features by doing NAT for customers that don't want to be directly
connected.