Date:      Tue, 09 Sep 1997 15:48:13 +0900
From:      Ajith Pasqual <pasqual@hal.t.u-tokyo.ac.jp>
To:        stable@FreeBSD.ORG, jkh@time.cdrom.com
Subject:   MO - 640 MB 2K sector support for 2.2.5 ?

Hi!,

 Will it be difficult to merge the -current support for the above to 2.2.5 ?

If this is possible, I think it will be very useful since the prices of 640 MB
MO drives are coming down and is gaining popularity (at least here in Japan).

> Conventional wisdom has always considered the "dot-five" releases to
> be the first truly solid releases of any branch (as witnessed with
> 1.1.5, 2.0.5 & 2.1.5) and I'd certainly be happy to see us carry this
> fine tradition into the 2.2 branch. ;-)

Considering the fact that 2.2.5 is going to stay there for a longer time, I
would be more than glad to see this support in it. (I guess others too...)

Regards,
Ajith.