Date:      Thu, 17 Sep 1998 17:37:34 +0200
From:      Eivind Eklund <eivind@yes.no>
To:        Marius Bendiksen <mbendiks@eunet.no>, Marius Bendiksen <Marius.Bendiksen@scancall.no>
Cc:        freebsd-chat@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Recent spamming of the lists

On Thu, Sep 17, 1998 at 05:15:42PM +0200, Marius Bendiksen wrote:
> Ahh. How about a implementing a subscribe-write-only command, where the
> entry has to be reviewed by someone? This would allow people like Dyson
> and Helmuth to stay involved even though they don't subscribe anymore.

Where are the patches?

> If I've understood correctly, those people are the primary reason why
> the lists allow unsubscribed adresses to submit?

Well, a lot of us use different subscription and posting addresses.
However, a 'subscribe-write-only' sounds like a good way of handling
this (though I don't know about the review part - sounds like a lot of
work for no particular gain.  Let's just approve 'em right away.)

Eivind.