Date:      Fri, 14 Mar 2003 09:02:48 -0800
From:      "Gregory A. Gilliss" <ggilliss@netpublishing.com>
To:        freebsd-chat@freebsd.org
Subject:   Linux and Oracle Going for Security Certification

The following press release:

http://www.oracle.com/corporate/press/index.html?1623351.html

details how Oracle and Red Hat are attempting to have RH Linux certified
for an EAL2 certification.  A successful eval will allow RH (and Oracle,
who are adopting the platform aggressively) to create a "standard" secure
distro, which will almost certainly be adopted by the public and private
sector.

Too bad FreeBSD (which is and has always been better technically, IMHO)
doesn't have this kind of marketing.  I'd feel better about my chances
of not having to learn (yuk) Linux if it was us instead of them being
considered.  Wonder why the FreeBSD project doesn't seem to have any
publically visible evangelism?  Shame.

--  "You can't separate peace from freedom because            greg@gilliss.com
--   no one can be at peace unless he has his freedom."          ICQ 123710561
--                     - Malcolm X (1925-1965)               1 510 559 1840 (v)
--                                                 http://www.gilliss.com/greg/
PGP Key fingerprint 2F 0B 70 AE 5F 8E 71 7A 2D 86 52 BA B7 83 D9 B4 14 0E 8C A3