Date:      Sat, 3 Apr 1999 19:37:26 +0100
From:      Scott Mitchell <rsm@acm.org>
To:        Doug Beaver <dougb@scalar.org>
Cc:        freebsd-chat@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Chuck is cute

On Thu, Apr 01, 1999 at 10:39:05AM -0800, Doug Beaver wrote:
> On Thu, Apr 01, 1999 at 11:42:18AM +0100, Scott Mitchell wrote:
> > True, but amazon.com and amazon.co.uk also use cookies, and forget who I am
> > when I turn them off...
>
> Hi Scott:
>
> Well, yeah, of course it's going to forget you if you don't have cookies
> turned on...  Would you expect it to work any other way?  ;-)

Not really... I guess that's the point I was trying to make.  I have
cookies turned on because they make my life easier; Amazon (for instance)
already know my address and credit card number, so I can't really object to
the cookie -- I wouldn't have told them all the other stuff if I thought
they were going to misuse it.

I guess it all depends on how paranoid you are :)

	Scott