Date:      Fri, 20 Nov 1998 10:35:20 -0700 (MST)
From:      "David G. Andersen" <danderse@cs.utah.edu>
To:        Robert Withrow <bwithrow@BayNetworks.COM>
Cc:        "David G. Andersen" <danderse@cs.utah.edu>, Robert Withrow <witr@rwwa.com>, hackers@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: NFS probs with 3.0 and earlier releases.

Lo and Behold, Robert Withrow said:

> danderse@cs.utah.edu said:
> :- What does your AMD map look like?
>
> Well, the total map has something like 3000 mountpoints, spread across
> about 30 maps.  As far as I can tell, there is only 1 mapping that mounts
> pizzahut:/home/bwithrow.

  That's not the problem.  The problem would be another map that
causes

pizzahut:/home

   to be mounted.  e.g. if your map says:

/home/bwithrow --->  pizzahut:/home/bwithrow

  and you access /home/bwithrow, then your AMD will mount:

   pizzahut:/home/bwithrow on /a/pizzahut/home/bwithrow

If, at a later date, you mount something else that causes

   pizzahut:/home on /a/pizzahut/home

Then the /a/pizzahut/home/bwithrow mount will be lost, because the old
'home' in that path will be mounted under the pizzahut/home mount.

> Is there some way to detect when this happens, say in the log?

   Sure - grep for mounts of pizzahut:/home

  -Dave