Date:      Thu, 11 Mar 1999 08:26:01 +0100
From:      Jan-Hinrich Fessel <oskar@unna.ping.de>
To:        "Martin Husemann" <martin@rumolt.teuto.de>
Cc:        freebsd-isdn@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: 64 bits...

--==_Exmh_-1754181622P

In message <001801be6b85$7d0f4e10$53cb08d4@martins.teuto.de>you write:
> I wrote dynalink support, and it's been there in the last two public
> releases.

All looks OK from a mediocre kernel hackers view, I plain don't kow why it
wouldn't configure the right things under my setup, either i386, alpha or m86k
(last one only educational, because I don't have pci/isa availible).  I might
try that on a sparc ;-)

> You got something messed up with your integration of the various 'files.*'
> under i4b/NetBSD! The function isic_probe_Dyn is is in
> layer1/i4b_dynalink.c, it should be included in the kernel by the i4b.isa
> file (we don't have the isa and isapnp devices in separated 'files' yet).

It is, at least as stated in the file, and that file is included in the
files.alpha...

> This are the usual problems to be expected when first hitting an
> architecture with different memory layout - I'm suprised it's only this
> few...

Me too.
only thing is missing is a reference to fuword, which is currently not
availible under alpha, but ross harvey will take a look at it.
But he also says, I should probably change the code to do it like all the
other ioctl interfaces do...

Gruesse
       Oskar

 					Tragbar ist, was nicht herunterfaellt.
						    oskar@zappa.unna.ping.de

--==_Exmh_-1754181622P

-----BEGIN PGP MESSAGE-----
Version: 2.6.3i

iQCVAwUBNudwCbA63tqjeAhZAQFQGgP+IDXLtfkjvoag0uGt8jxozYZG22WnlMXo
1OfHdMkj1ICVqWAe9+af/aF5jwb/DnuDiLtGV+0yKlS3nfubvuZWDL3L8uFMdlyQ
fVfIPtFZ0h9VX9OX+7oOVDcDyvyiPY6RQiV7l8eXF+IRIPYmCqb7KC7uVdtF/9n5
gz0pOEY3ijU=
=C9bs
-----END PGP MESSAGE-----

--==_Exmh_-1754181622P--