Date:      Tue, 05 Jul 2005 21:23:26 -0400
From:      Mike Tancsa <mike@sentex.net>
To:        Daryl Sayers <daryl@ci.com.au>
Cc:        freebsd-hardware@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Usb to serial problems

On 06 Jul 2005 09:11:19 +1000, in sentex.lists.freebsd.hardware you
wrote:

>I had an Aten USB to Serial device attached to an old laptop running
>FreeBSD 4.7. I am now upgrading to much newer IBM thinkpad (A21m) :-)
>I have installed FreeBSD 4.10 onto this machine and am now trying to
>get the Aten to work. I have rebuilt the kernel with the extra devices:

If possible, go to 5.4 instead. There are a lot of USB bug fixes and
enhancements over the RELENG_4 branch.  I have a similar USB device
(same chipset) that works just fine using that driver.  On the
RELENG_4 branch, it would panic for me too often.

	---Mike
Mike Tancsa, Sentex communications http://www.sentex.net
Providing Internet Access since 1994
mike@sentex.net, (http://www.tancsa.com)