Date:      Sat, 6 Apr 1996 11:17:40 +0100 (BST)
From:      Chris Stenton <jacs@gnome.co.uk>
To:        "Gary Palmer" <gpalmer@FreeBSD.ORG>
Cc:        stable@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: talk not connecting to remote machines. ... Ooops

Gary Palmer says:

>> Chris Stenton wrote in message ID
>> <jacs-9603060925.AA00021347@hawk.gnome.co.uk>:
>> > Ok the machines I have tried and failed on are Linux and ULTRIX V4.2A.
>>
>> > I would have thought someone else would have noticed the problem
>> > connecting to Linux or does nobody else talk to Linux users :-)
>>
>> Ugh. Okay, I'll admit it. I've done it :-) Between freefall and
>> comox.island.net if you must know.

Oh dear I should have engaged brain before mailing. My FreeBSD machine
is my gateway machine onto the Internet. The talk requests from the
Linux box were aimed at my ppp node address and it looks like talk
was replying with  the machines "hostname" which is my Ethernet address
and thus different.

Chris