Date:      Sat, 10 Jul 1999 10:07:00 +0200 (METDST)
From:      hm@hcs.de (Hellmuth Michaelis)
To:        cc@devcon.net (Christian Carstensen)
Cc:        sonne@r4k.net, dirk.meyer@dinoex.sub.org, freebsd-isdn@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: mobilcom/freenet and i4b

From the keyboard of Christian Carstensen:

> > > Thers is a problem in the sppp layer,
> > > It loops endless after the conenction is established.
> >
> > That is exactly the same behaviour I've seen here.
> > Is that freenets fault or i4bs ?
>
> This sounds like a problem I've encountered when connecting to one of our
> cisco 3640 routers (IOS 12) using i4b. If any testing/debugging is needed
> (Hellmuth ?), contact me, as I've got access to the dialin router as well.

The problem with this type of bugs is, that i don't use PPP and that almost
all of the other developers don't use PPP and/or that we can't reproduce
this more or less due to our setups.

To get this fixed, someone who actually has this problem or can reproduce
this problem in his environment has to sit down, analyze whats going wrong
and code a solution and/or a bugfix. As much as i would like to work more
on this, my spare time (and my "Leidensdruck", the translation according to
my shiny new dictionary seems to be "mental trauma") to setup all the stuff
needed to reproduce this, fix and test it is much too limited now and in the
near future.

Anyway, in case there is someone out there with too much time and a good
understanding of the inner workings of PPP, she/he is very welcome! ;-)

hellmuth
--
Hellmuth Michaelis                                    Tel   +49 40 559747-70
HCS Hanseatischer Computerservice GmbH                Fax   +49 40 559747-77