Date:      Sat, 3 May 2003 04:46:24 -0400
From:      "Kevin A. Pieckiel" <kpieckiel@smartrafficenter.org>
To:        freebsd-alpha@freebsd.org
Subject:   SCSI and other PCI cards

--X1bOJ3K7DJ5YkBrT

Correct me if I'm wrong, but PCI is PCI is PCI.  If I go to my local
computer store or favorite online reseller and buy the latest and greatest
64-bit PCI Adaptec SCSI card (and probably some nice hard drives to go
with it), I can install that in my Alpha (Alpha Server 5305) and it will
work, right?  I mean, Naturally, FreeBSD would have to have drivers
for it (but it does, so that's a non-issue), but electrically, the bus
is the same in an Alpha as it is in a PC or some other architecture, right?
Afterall, they're both PCI.....

Kevin

"Books aren't written to be believed in, but to be questioned."
-- Umberto Eco

---
This message was signed by GnuPG.  E-Mail kpieckiel-pgp@smartrafficenter.org
to receive my public key.  You may also get my key from pgpkeys.mit.edu;
my ID is 0xF1604E92 and will expire on 01 January 2004.

--X1bOJ3K7DJ5YkBrT

--X1bOJ3K7DJ5YkBrT--