Date:      Tue, 15 Apr 1997 10:11:07 -0700 (MST)
From:      Terry Lambert <terry@lambert.org>
To:        fullermd@narcissus.ml.org (The Devil Himself)
Cc:        davem@jenolan.rutgers.edu, jkh@time.cdrom.com, terry@lambert.org, freebsd-hackers@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Another Linux Religious war (was Re: Commercial vendors registry)

> Yeah, but I haven't seen very many FreeBSD vs. MicroMonopoly anything come
> across the lists; prob because the people sending the messages to these
> lists have already decided to go for free UNIX, and want to know which
> they should go for.

Actually, it's more like they've already decided that Microsoft is
going to win, so they are in it for the pyrric moral victory.

If you watch the threads in which I've been shouted down for any
length of time, you'll recognize the common thread of "Oh, we just
can't afford to compete!  Oh, there's too much short term risk!".

					Regards,
					Terry Lambert
					terry@lambert.org
---