Date:      Fri, 12 Jul 1996 00:11:48 -0700
From:      "Michael L. VanLoon -- HeadCandy.com" <michaelv@HeadCandy.com>
To:        Andreas Klemm <andreas@klemm.gtn.com>
Cc:        "Jordan K. Hubbard" <jkh@time.cdrom.com>, hackers@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Some recent changes to GENERIC

>I'd like to see to rm ed1 and put ed0 to
>ed0 at 0x300-0x31f irq 10 maddr 0xcc000 msize 16384 on isa
>
>This is the default jumper setting on a true SMC card.

But it's not the default jumper setting on a "true" true Western
Digital ethernet card, which is where these (0x280, etc.) settings
came from, I believe.  (At least those were the defaults on both of my
WD8013EBT cards.)

Maybe the 0x300 settings should be ed0 and 0x280 should be ed1, if ed1
is kept at all.

   Roll your own Internet access -- Seattle People's Internet cooperative.
                  If you're in the Seattle area, ask me how.