Date:      Tue, 20 Jul 2010 21:56:32 +0200
From:      =?utf-8?Q?Erik_N=C3=B8rgaard?= <norgaard@locolomo.org>
To:        DadAN <dadans@gmail.com>
Cc:        "freebsd-questions@freebsd.org" <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: Wifi AP behind FreeBSD

On 20/07/2010, at 21.09, DadAN <dadans@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hello,
> I am planning to change my network a little,
> I need to put WiFi AP (Dlink Di-524) behind FreeBSD box,
> there are 2 nic in this box - one should be for internet (xl0)
> and another should use xl1 nic for WiFi AP.
>=20
> I need to know how to setup routing in FreeBSD box,
> could someone help?

You need to enable routing in the kernel, I've forgotten the kernel variable=
 but do sysctl -a | grep rout

Enable routing setting the variable to 1.=20

Since you have a private network connecting to the Internet you need to conf=
igure nat. There are different solutions, I prefer packet filter.=20

> And also when someone connect via WiFi, I want to get connected to interne=
t.
> Now I use 192.168.0.0/24 adresses from WiFi AP dhcp.
> FreeBSD 8.0
>=20

That's ok just configure the internal interface in that range. It should be p=
ossible to configure the AP so it won't assign ti ip of your freebsd box.=20=

You need to configure the AP such that the clients get default gateway set t=
o the ip on the internal interface of your freebsd box.=20

BR Erik.=20