Date:      Tue, 13 Jan 2004 02:40:12 -0800 (PST)
From:      des@des.no (Dag-Erling =?iso-8859-1?q?Sm=F8rgrav?=)
To:        freebsd-i386@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: i386/61278: USB joystick/gamepad

The following reply was made to PR i386/61278; it has been noted by GNATS.

From: des@des.no (Dag-Erling =?iso-8859-1?q?Sm=F8rgrav?=)
To: Alexander Bussman <buxman@telia.com>
Cc: freebsd-gnats-submit@FreeBSD.org
Date: Tue, 13 Jan 2004 11:32:37 +0100

 Alexander Bussman <buxman@telia.com> writes:
 > First I have to say that it might be a bug in devfs or what it's
 > called in FreeBSD (just moved from GNU/Linux to FreeBSD). When I'm
 > booting with my gamepad connected to the usb port it finds it at the
 > device ugen0 but I have to have it on uhid0 so I have to unplug it
 > and reattach it, then the uhid0 device is created.

 If the ugen driver is loaded before the uhid driver and the gamepad is
 already connected, ugen will claim the gamepad.  Just make sure uhid
 is compiled into the kernel or loaded at boot time (uhid_load=3D"yes" in
 /boot/loader.conf) so it gets a chance to claim the gamepad before
 ugen does.

 DES
 --=20
 Dag-Erling Sm=F8rgrav - des@des.no