Date:      Wed, 14 Mar 2007 10:18:24 -0500
From:      "Nikolas Britton" <nikolas.britton@gmail.com>
To:        "Tim Clewlow" <tim1timau@yahoo.com>
Cc:        freebsd-advocacy@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Dell is asking what free OS to preinstall

On 3/14/07, Tim Clewlow <tim1timau@yahoo.com> wrote:

> --- "Peter A. Giessel" <pgiessel@mac.com> wrote:
>
> > Dell is actually asking what Linux Distro to install, but if enough of us
> > ask for preinstalled FreeBSD, it might get them thinking about FreeBSD and
> > looking into providing support and especially drivers in the future.
> >
> > It can't hurt anyway :)
> >
> > http://www.dell.com/linuxsurvey
> >

> I believe the point of the OP is to raise awareness of FreeBSD in the dell
> survey - so choosing option f and then typing in FreeBSD would seem to be the
> way to do this.

Wrong time wrong place. Not voting for Ubuntu/Debian is the same as
voting against it. In this respect it can hurt us very much. Why throw
away your vote when you could vote for a group with the same
philosophical and political views as us? You need to realize that the
survey statistician is going to throw out the votes for FreeBSD.