Date:      Sun, 16 Mar 2003 17:24:44 +0200
From:      "DJ Boris" <dj_boris@mail.ru>
To:        "Bill Moran" <wmoran@potentialtech.com>
Cc:        "freebsd-questions" <freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: how can I stop named to dial out at startup

yes I have dialup yes.
my named.conf is actually quite simple as I only use it for dns forwarding
therefore I don't actually need to set the heartbeat-interval. if I start
named, let it dial, wait for the ppp time out to expire and leave the system
for days without any traffic it doesn't dial. so it is working properly. the
only thing that I can't uinderstand is why named makes ppp dial out when it
is only suppoed to forward dns requests. and I have no other app that does
dns requests.