Date:      Tue, 15 Aug 1995 22:37:26 +0930 (CST)
From:      Michael Smith <msmith@atrad.adelaide.edu.au>
To:        sysseh@devetir.qld.gov.au (Stephen Hocking)
Cc:        hardware@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Identify the SCSI controller!

Stephen Hocking stands accused of saying:
> I have this 8 bit SCSI card  floating about. It has the standard Centronics
> external connector, with a 50pin internal connector. It has a dipswitch bank
> (8 switches of course) near the upper left hand corner. It has a bunch of
> fairly generic looking chips on it with the exception of 1 chip (approx. the
> same dimensions as a 286 CPU) labeled as follows -
>
> 	(C)WDC'85
> 	WD33C93-PL
> 	00-02 9027
> 	024829010101

Top points; this is a WD33C93 SCSI controller chip.  Not a bad little unit.

> Construction wise it looks very similar to some of the older Adaptec &
> BusLogic controllers. It also has no floppy controller. Can anyone furnish me
> with a clue as to what it is and could it be useful?

Absolutely no idea.  Given that it's an 8-bit card, it could well have
been a paddleboard for an old SCSI CD-rom.  It's not likely to be compatible
with anything else that FreeBSD currently supports.  (AFAIK)
Any markings on the board?

> 	Stephen

]] High-speed data acquisition and                                      [[
]] realtime instrument control          (ph/fax) +61-8-267-3039         [[
]] My car has "demand start" - Terry Lambert                            [[