Date:      Wed, 25 Jul 2001 17:10:36 +1000
From:      Kal Torak <kaltorak@quake.com.au>
Cc:        freebsd-stable@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: FreeBSD needs to awake and come out of SERVER only market!

I hate feeding trolls and such (hell I got 200 messages from
the feeding frenzy), but I dont really see what the problem is?

FreeBSD works great as a desktop O/S!? Sure you have to tweek and
tune it to be a good server or a good desktop, but who actualy
expects an O/S to do exactly what you want "out of the box" without
having to tweek it for that job? For desktop we have all these usb
things and stuff, I mean what more do you want? Examples of what
exactly is wrong would probably help, but since this is just a
great big troll I guess it has no base in reality...

FreeBSD is about speed AND stability... What the point in being
lightning fast if you crash every 5mins? From all my experiances
FreeBSD is much faster than windows as a desktop...

For those that say there should be a new sysinstall option, its
allready there! You have to choice to install X or not, so there
is your desktop or server choice... The base install is designed
to work with a wide varitiy of hardware, you are SUPPOSED to custom
build your kernel and config files after an install... Maybe you
would rather the base install only works on one hardware type and
you have to customise the installation program before an install?

Ok well thats all Im going to say.. And this is the last troll I
feed for at least another 6 months :)