Date:      Thu, 27 Dec 2007 21:24:24 +0100
From:      Erik Trulsson <ertr1013@student.uu.se>
To:        Chad Gross <avatar4d@gmail.com>
Cc:        aJTiM <lumiwa@gmail.com>, freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: sysctl...

On Thu, Dec 27, 2007 at 02:28:34PM -0500, Chad Gross wrote:
> On Dec 27, 2007 2:20 PM, aJTiM <lumiwa@gmail.com> wrote:
> > Hi!
> >
> > I am running FreeBSD 7 beta4. When I start a computer and os loading I got one
> > message which I don't know why and how could I save a "problem" if it is a
> > problem. Beta 4 works very good and I don't have problems.
> >
> > hw.acpi.cpu.cx_lowest: C1
> > sysctl: hw.acpi.cpu.cx_lowest: Invalid argument
> >
> > Thanks in advance.
> > --
> > It just doesn't seem right to go over the river and through the woods
> > to Grandmother's condo.
> >

> I am not running 7.0, so I am just guessing, but I am assuming you
> changed that option in /etc/sysctl.conf (or possibly copied your /etc
> directory from an older machine to the 7.0 machine). That would be the
> why you are getting that message during boot. The reason the message
> is appearing at all is most likely because that is not a current
> sysctl variable/option. I would check the sysctl manuals for that.

More likely it is just differences in the ACPI support in the BIOS.
I see the same message on one of my machines running 6-STABLE.
On another machine also running 6-STABLE it instead says:
  hw.acpi.cpu.cx_lowest: C1 -> C1
Neither system has that option referenced in /etc/sysctl.conf

Everything seems to work fine so I don't worry about it.

--
<Insert your favourite quote here.>
Erik Trulsson