Date:      Fri, 28 Jul 1995 12:18:04 -0700 (PDT)
From:      "Rodney W. Grimes" <rgrimes@gndrsh.aac.dev.com>
To:        davidg@Root.COM
Cc:        junkmail@pht.com, gary@palmer.demon.co.uk, hackers@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: 2.0.5-950622-SNAP on a big machine

> >Jul 26 16:23:38 gandalf /kernel: ed0: device timeout
>
>    This usually indicates that the irq isn't set properly in the kernel. Find
> out how the card is configured and then change the setting in 'userconfig'
> with "-c" at the Boot: prompt.

And if this happens to be a PCI machine I just went through a similiar
failure with a customer who was adding an ed0 device on IRQ10 which
had been assigned by the P-n-P bios to one of his PCI cards.  So
make sure if this is a PCI machine that you have properly set the
PCI P-n-P bios to state that IRQ x is in use by the ISA bus.

The PCI code does not seem to be registering it's interrupts so
that the ISA code does proper conflict detection.  That is a bug
that needs fixed, and badly :-(.