Date:      Thu, 18 Mar 2004 16:07:29 -0500 (EST)
From:      Andrew Gallatin <gallatin@cs.duke.edu>
To:        freebsd-amd64@freebsd.org
Subject:   freebsd32 organization?

What's the "standard" way of installing 32-bit freebsd libraries
so as to be able to run a 32-bit binary?

What I did was to copy ld-elf.so.1 from a 4.9 machine to
/libexec/ld-elf-32.so.1, and then copy the 4.9 libs
to a lib32 directory, and then launch 32-bit binaries
with a wrapper script that sets LD_LIBRARY_PATH to lib32.

This is a total hack,  and I assume there must be a better way.

FWIW, I'm doing this because firefox (built from ports cvsupped
today) exits randomly, so I'm running mozilla built on a 4.9 box..

Thanks,

Drew