Date:      Wed, 21 May 1997 08:32:51 +1000 (EST)
From:      "Daniel O'Callaghan" <danny@panda.hilink.com.au>
To:        "Jonathan M. Bresler" <jmb@FreeBSD.ORG>
Cc:        freebsd-isp@hub.freebsd.org, "Jonathan M. Bresler" <jmb@hub.freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: NS and MX records

Excellently said, Jonathan.

The slogan for this campaign is: "Even if a site is not reachable, it
should be resolvable."

I have written a small program which runs as a sendmail "|prog" (same as
majordomo).  It allows authorised remote hostmasters to update the
records of their secondary NS - list, add, delete domains.

If people would like to look at it it can be found at:
ftp.hilink.com.au:/pub/autodns-1.0.tgz

It is a work in progress, and I have ideas for 1.1, but comments are most
welcome.

The other gripe some hostmasters have is hostmasters who remove a zone
from their ns, but don't delete it at the parent zone file.  There are
ridiculous numbers of lame delegations out there now, and InterNIC sent
me a terse message saying effectively, "bugger off!" when I asked them to
do something about it.

Danny