Date:      Tue, 18 Jul 2006 21:59:38 -0400
From:      Kurt Miller <kurt@intricatesoftware.com>
To:        freebsd-java@freebsd.org
Cc:        Jan Zach <zach@centrum.cz>
Subject:   Re: diablo 1.5 crash

--Boundary_(ID_xl5dLgx86EoRz4LNSP5rcA)

On Saturday 15 July 2006 5:40 pm, Jan Zach wrote:
> I was experimenting a bit and found the problematic font -
> it is x11-fonts/freefonts package

Thanks. I was able to reproduce the crash here. I don't
know much about fonts, but I've determined that the
Old Town font in that package contains an illegal
glyph name (50_pct_gray) according to this document:

http://partners.adobe.com/public/developer/opentype/index_glyph2.html#4

Still the jvm shouldn't crash on it. A glyph name beginning with
underscore is valid, but also not handled with the current
jvm code. Perhaps someone who knows more about fonts could add
support for underscores. In the meantime, here's a patch for
java/jdk15/files to avoid the crash.

-Kurt

--Boundary_(ID_xl5dLgx86EoRz4LNSP5rcA)--