Date:      Mon, 27 Jan 2003 14:50:22 +0200
From:      Willie Viljoen <will@unfoldings.net>
To:        Michael Lucas <mwlucas@blackhelicopters.org>
Cc:        freebsd-advocacy@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Project to improve FreeBSD PR

Michael, the embarssment was (luckily) limited to me and my overzealous e=
ffort=20
:)

I'm happy to say that quite a few people have volunteered help so far in=20
response to my post yesterday, unfortunately alot of work has managed to =
fall=20
into my lap today, so the launch date that Stacy and I had in mind (this=20
coming Saturday) might be a bit ambitious, we'll see :)

Will

On Monday 27 January 2003 14:45, you wrote:
> I suppose, after me bitching that "nobody had done anything," we
> should be happy to now have an embarrassment of people willing to
> actually do something.  :-) Glad to see you working together.
>
> =3D=3Dml
>
> On Mon, Jan 27, 2003 at 12:26:32AM +0200, Willie Viljoen wrote:
> > In the excitement of setting up a project, it seems Stacy and I have
> > managed to steal it inadvertantly from Peter Kieser. Our sincerest
> > apologies to Peter for the offence, we hope that we can mend some fen=
ces
> > and possibly join forces with him.
> >
> > Also, some people, including Peter, have offered servers to help host=
> > domain for such a site, our thanks to you all. Please keep the pledge=
> > coming.
> >
> > The origional idea for the project is from Peter Kieser,
> > <pfak@telus.net>, please contact him with sugestions you might have f=
or
> > such a project.
> >
> > An HTML version of the mailing list's "TO DO LIST" to improve FreeBSD=
 PR,
> [...]
> > http://digiflux.org/fbsd-advocacy/
> >
> > If you wish to contribute hosting of back-up DNS, back-up MX or WWW s=
pace
> > for the planned web site, please contact me <will@unfoldings.net> for
> > details.
> >
> > Once again, we apologize profusely to Peter and everybody else for ou=
> > overzealous grabbing of his idea, we're not only looking for technica=
> > contributions, any hands we can get are welcome too, we hope that Pet=
er
> > would be willing to give us a hand, possibly as a project leader and/=
or
> > an editor for the site, I certainly don't think I'm much of a project
> > leader, and I'm sure Stacy would agree that we could do well focusing=
 on
> > technical aspects of such a project, with someone with the right fiel=
d of
> > skills providing the leadership and co-ordination we would need to ta=
ckle
> > this properly, and most certainly to avoid stepping on people's toes =
in
> > future.
> >
> > Any technical help would also be appreciated, or even links or resour=
ces
> > you may know of that would be handy to such a project, please let us
> > know.
> >
> > It is my hope that Peter and Stacy aren't too vexed by the arogance I
> > displayed with my past few postings, especially appealing for help wi=
th
> > servers without consulting either of them, and, as Stacy writes in an
> > earlier e-mail, that we can work together with instead of against eac=
> > other. Also with other projects out there that might be doing the sam=
> > thing. I'd feel very silly reinventing the wheel all the time if othe=
rs
> > have already put alot of work into this. It would be better to draw u=
pon
> > their input than to start from scratch and most probably affront even
> > more people in the process.
> >
> > Sorry for all of the misunderstandings and unpleasantness I have caus=
ed,
> > if you feel like it, flames may be directed to will@unfoldings.net
> >
> > With the hope that this will mend some fences and un-burn some bridge=
s...

> > Kind Regards
> > Will
> > --
> > Willie Viljoen
> > Freelance IT Consultant
> >
> > 214 Paul Kruger Avenue, Universitas
> > Bloemfontein
> > 9321
> > South Africa
> >
> > +27 51 522 15 60
> > +27 51 522 44 36 (after hours)
> > +27 82 404 03 27 (mobile)
> >
> > will@unfoldings.net

> > with "unsubscribe freebsd-advocacy" in the body of the message

--=20