Date:      Fri, 24 Sep 1999 13:43:29 -0600 (MDT)
From:      Glenn Chisholm <glenn@ircache.net>
To:        Brian Reichert <reichert@numachi.com>
Cc:        freebsd-hackers@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: 3.3-R on Dell w/ DPT RAID

The standard boot disks seem to have a problem with more than 512MB of
memory. I encountered this recently, I pulled out all but 512MB of memory
and installed. All worked perfectly and then increased the memory up to
2GB with the installed running version. All worked well.

It seems there was a issue that was corrected a search on the FreeBSD
site will turn up the reference. For some reason the fix that was commited
missed the boot disk. I experienced this in 3.1 and 3.2.

I will note that when I attempted to add more than 2GB the machine would
panic on boot again.

Unfortunatly I did not own this machine so I only had it for a short
period so I could do no usefull debugging on either problem.

I forgot to post this problem so it may be fixed :-(

glenn