Date:      Tue, 04 Feb 97 11:42:54 PST
From:      Brett_Glass@infoworld.com
To:        Nate Williams <nate@mt.sri.com>
Cc:        msmith@atrad.adelaide.edu.au, se@freebsd.org, Andre.Albsmeier@mchp.siemens.de, freebsd-hardware@freebsd.org
Subject:   PCMCIA Interrupt sharing (Was: 5 devices in 4 PCI Slots ?)

> The 'bus' code is not setup to share the IRQ, but the drivers themselves
> need not be aware of it, since they don't service the interrupts
> directly.

What "bus" code is used for PCMCIA cards? Why is it not set up for
interrupt sharing, at least within a card?

Note: I'd really like to be able to use FreeBSD on a laptop, but so far,
when I've asked, I've been told that I'd have to wait until some
unidentified person(s) in Japan wrote drivers.

--Brett