Date:      Tue, 19 Dec 2000 11:59:29 -0500
From:      mel kravitz <melk@switchpwr.com>
To:        freebsd-alpha@freebsd.org
Subject:   UP1000 install comments

I just installed 4.2-beta (ftp download) on a UP1000, 600 MHZ cpu. The
install from SRM console-kern.flp/mfsroot.flp- is flawless, the box
reboots correctly from a  'halt' to SRM console but not from 'reboot'
command. Getting an Xserver to work is a bit of a hack job, however i
was able to get XF86_SV server to run in 1024x768 mode depth 16. If any
one  want's a copy of my XF86Config file e-mail me. Stability in X is
not there the machine has locked up hard when trying to build xemacs
from ports collection while opening other programs-xv, any thoughts on
stability in X would be welcome.
-Mel