Date:      Fri, 3 Feb 1995 11:51:22 -0800 (PST)
From:      "Justin T. Gibbs" <gibbs@estienne.CS.Berkeley.EDU>
To:        bugs@warlock.win.net (Mark Hittinger)
Cc:        freebsd-hackers@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: new SNAP

> spoke too soon on the EISA aha274x working.  If you compile without bounce
> buffers and with debugging on it fails for me:

Are you possitive that your motherboard can do DMA above 16meg??  Not all
EISA machines are created equal you know.  I also cannot guarantee that the
diagnostic code in there is up to date.  I've been running without it enabled
for some time now.

> aha1: target 0 refusing synchronous negotiation - using asynchronous transfers
> aha1: no active SCB for reconnecting target 0, channel - issuing abort

Unless you know aic7xxx assembly, I think you might find this difficult.
It may be that there are still problems in the way we recieve and respond
to SDTR, WDTR or REJECT  messages, but those problems will most likely
reside in sys/gnu/misc/aic7xxx/aic7xxx.seq.  The error message you report
is the result of the target reconnecting to the host when it hasn't
disconnected first (or so the aic7xxx things).  I have no idea how bounce
buffering could have affected this unless you have a DMA problem.

--
Justin T. Gibbs
TCS Instructional Group - Programmer/Analyst 1