Date:      Thu, 16 Dec 1999 06:52:46 -0600 (CST)
From:      <mestery@visi.com>
To:        Mike Smith <msmith@FreeBSD.ORG>
Cc:        Warner Losh <imp@village.org>, hardware@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Sweet spot

On Wed, 15 Dec 1999, Mike Smith wrote:

> > What's the current sweet spot for intel systems?  I'm looking to spend
> > about $1500-$2000 on a screaming builder box and was wondering what
> > the current sweet spot in the hardware curve is??
>
> Probably an ABIT BP6 and two 400MHz celerons.

I can second that.  I have that exact configuration (with a Tekram
DC-390F using the sym driver) and it works extremely well.  It's also
much cheaper than a dual PIII system and for normal home use and
building, it runs fine.  I even use it to play QuakeII/III with my
G400!

--
Kyle Mestery			| Ancor Communications
mestery@visi.com		| http://www.freebsd.org/