Date:      Tue, 26 Nov 1996 10:51:53 -0800
From:      "Jordan K. Hubbard" <jkh@time.cdrom.com>
To:        peter@taronga.com (Peter da Silva)
Cc:        bmk@fta.com, jgreco@brasil.moneng.mei.com, brantk@atlas.com, hackers@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Replacing sendmail

> > That's why I suggest doing this more incrementally by service type.
>
> But this hasn't got anything to do with services. It has to do with
> security. How about:
>
> 	security -enable/disable class-of-resources

Not in this particular set of examples, no, but understand that
services have many more options *other* than security which you'd also
eventually want to fold into the same mechanism.  To contrive more examples:

	mail_control -fast_queue_depth 10
	mail_control -bounce_warnings no
	mail_control -add-virtual "fred sfred@scurvy.com"

	lp_control -polled-mode
	lp_control -set-type HP500C

All of which might be reasonable things to want if you were intending
to write a more robust front-end for a variety of service options.

Think "big picture", guys. :-)

					Jordan