Date:      Tue, 26 Nov 1996 10:32:06 -0800
From:      "Jordan K. Hubbard" <jkh@time.cdrom.com>
To:        Robert Nordier <rnordier@iafrica.com>
Cc:        grog@lemis.de, hackers@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: A simple way to crash your system.

> FWIW, the table below represents a couple of months of collecting
> data from users on -questions, who reported that the msdosfs had
> seriously corrupted a UFS partition.

Cool!  I'd hoped someone was working on trying to establish the common
aspects of these failures, since they only seem to bite some people
and not others, but again - I'd not dared to hope too much. :-)

> Unless someone is aware of the problem being more general, it may
> be worth patching the msdosfs code to (by default) refuse to access
> DOS FSes with > 16 sectors per cluster on such drives.

Sounds reasonable to me.  If you have any diffs, I'd be happy to
commit them.  We can't get much worse than we are at the moment. ;)

					Jordan