Date:      Thu, 16 Aug 2001 11:29:11 -0400 (EDT)
From:      Robert Watson <rwatson@freebsd.org>
To:        Julian Elischer <julian@elischer.org>
Cc:        current@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Kernel stack hogs list available

On Wed, 15 Aug 2001, Julian Elischer wrote:

> I ported the code to allow gcc to report functions that use too much
> of our 3.4KB kernel stacks.

Julian,

This is way cool stuff.  I assume these are done based on i386 stack frame
layouts?  Running on other platforms will result in different alignment
(minor issue, as most of the time it will just be a few bytes here or
there), and some different code (specifically, alpha/, ia64/, etc).
Together with functional cross-compiling, this could be a very useful tool
indeed.  Perhaps someone on the alpha side could do the same test run on
that platform?