Date:      Tue, 18 Jun 1996 09:13:02 -0400
From:      "Eloy A. Paris" <Eloy.Paris@ven.ra.rockwell.com>
To:        "Michael L. VanLoon -- HeadCandy.com" <michaelv@HeadCandy.com>
Cc:        hardware@freebsd.org, questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: FreeBSD works with Cy486DLC processors?

>>The faults are random. When the internal cache is enabled, I can easyly
>>reproduce the fault with:
>
>This just reconfirms my assertions.  If it runs OK with the cache off,
>it's almost definitely bad caching logic in the motherboard.
>.
>.
>.
>No, this is definitely a cache coherency or memory problem.  It's
>possible you just have a cheap motherboard that doesn't have good
>enough cache circuitry to run something as demanding as unix.  Have
>you tried anything else demanding on it, like Windows NT or OS/2 (or
>Linux or NetBSD)?

Well, I do not have an external cache. I was talking about the internal
cache. That one is disabled. But anyway, what does the internal cache have
to do with the mother board design? That is internal to the processor... The
external cache is also disabled because I don't have one.

I have not tried anything besides FreeBSD on this machine.

Regards,

Eloy.-

--

Eloy A. Paris