Date:      Tue, 26 Nov 1996 16:58:58 -0500
From:      Lotus_Mail_Exchange@CSERVE4.CCMAIL.compuserve.com
To:        "INTERNET:hackers@freefall.freebsd.org" <hackers@freefall.freebsd.org>
Subject:   NON-DELIVERY of:  hackers-digest V1 #1665

Sender: owner-hackers-digest@freefall.freebsd.org
From: <owner-hackers-digest@freefall.freebsd.org>
Date: Thu, 21 Nov 1996 12:59:49 -0800 (PST)
To: freebsd-hackers-digest@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   hackers-digest V1 #1665

hackers-digest           Thursday, 21 November 1996     Volume 01 : Number 1665

In this issue:
Re: socket.h
Re: Who needs Perl?  We do!
Re: Who needs Perl? We do!
Re: Who needs Perl? We do!
New mailing list - CVS-Alert???
Re: Who needs Perl? We do!
Re: socket.h
Pentium Pro status
Re: WordPerfect 7.0 for FreeBSD :-)
Re: Disk Striping
Re: Who needs Perl?  We do!
Re: Who needs Perl?  We do!
Re: New mailing list - CVS-Alert???
Re: Who needs Perl? We do!
ft/QIC/Travan support
Re: Who needs Perl? We do!
Re: Pentium Pro status
Re: Who needs Perl? We do!

From: Lee Crites <adonai@jump.net>
Date: Thu, 21 Nov 1996 11:23:06 -0600 (CST)
Subject: Re: socket.h

On Wed, 20 Nov 1996, Bill Fenner wrote:

> I'd strongly reccommend "Unix Network Programming", by Richard Stevens, as
> a reference for networking programs like this.

I'm *very* glad to see this reference given.  I've been lurking on several
of the FreeBSD lists for about a week or so (we are starting an isp
company, and will be using FreeBSD as the os).  I've done unix programming
for about a decade, and have found Richard Stevens' books to be invaluable
references.  I fear many people might pass over his book(s) because of
the price, opting for the cheap(est|er) ones.  But a cost/usage puts them
as some of the best values I have...

Lee