Date:      Tue, 21 Jan 2003 01:13:24 +0100
From:      "Stacy Olivas" <olivas@digiflux.org>
To:        <chat@freebsd.org>
Subject:   RE: GCC as a selling point for FreeBSD? (Not!)

> I wish had as many posts about who I am, as Brett gets - wow!
> I'm not a
> BG advocate, don't know the man. I will ask a simple question that has
> apparently escaped me while reading all of this interesting, babble...

I'm no advocate for him either (I too do not know him at all)... But you are
right,
it is funny how one person is able to get a lot of stuff posted about them..

> What does it matter, what he has contributed to FreeBSD? Does an end
> user have to contribute something before making suggestions? Yeah, his
> suggestions do sound more like demands, and his passionate hatred for
> the GPL does tend to cloud the underlying point to his posts, but that
> still doesn't negate the fact that he is _right_.

From my understanding that is why the mailing lists are "wide open", so that
the average joe can try to give something back with out having to pound out
some
code.  (That's also why you see tons of spam on these lists).

Can we now end this topic before it turns into another 400+ message long
discussion
on GNU/GPL??  Pllllleeeeeaaaaaaaaaasssssssssssseeeeeeeeeeee!!!!  :)