Date:      Sat, 11 Mar 2000 15:45:10 -0500
From:      Jack Rusher <jar@integratus.com>
To:        hackers@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Histrionic Ranting...

Dear Hackers,

  In all of the discussion that has poured forth in the aftermath of
the press release concerning the merging of Walnut Creek and BSDI, no
one seems to have stated this simple fact: this merger brings an
amazing team (back) together to work on the collective product that
will be the future of both free and commercial BSD; Karels, McKusick,
Leffler, Torek, etc.  To my mind there has only been one other group
in the last thirty years (Kernigan, Ritchie, Pike, Bach, etc) that
has done as much for the state of modern computing.  When you add in
the value brought to the project by people like Greenman, Hubbard,
Fagen, Lehey, and the rest of the FreeBSD team, and then layer on top
of that the tremendous resources of the contributing user base,
well...  it makes me want to send off my resume to see if I can do
anything to help--not scream bloody murder.

Yours,

--
Jack Rusher, Senior Software Engineer | mailto:jar@integratus.com
Integratus, Inc.                      | http://www.integratus.com