Date:      Sun, 30 Nov 1997 16:45:35 -0500 (EST)
From:      Chuck Robey <chuckr@glue.umd.edu>
To:        Francisco Reyes <reyesf@super.zippo.com>
Cc:        "hackers@freebsd.org" <hackers@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: How is selection made of what goes into CDrom?

On Sun, 30 Nov 1997, Francisco Reyes wrote:

> On Sun, 30 Nov 1997 16:14:03 -0500 (EST), Chuck Robey wrote:
>
> >You know that the source for renice (and all the other parts of FreeBSD)
> >are inside that CVS archive?  cvs is really complicated to learn, but
> >pretty well worth it.
>
> After someone explained to me what the 3rd CD was I understood.
> However doesn't it also has many previous releases? How useful is it
> for the "average" user to have several versions back each source?

All the sources you asked for are already there, in the distfiles, on the
cd.  All the FreeBSD sources are there too, broken out file by file, by
cvs.  I probably am wrong here, but it _seems_ like you want parts removed
only because you don't use them.  What you want to replace them with, you
already have.  Many people do use the cvs archive.  I wanted it badly,
then finally broke down and bought a large enough disk so that I keep the
full tree here at home.  Wouldn't have done that, if the cvs archive had
been on the CDROM back then.  Lots of folks don't want that on their
disks, tho, and would still like to peruse the sources.

Explain again what parts you want, that you don't have?  People are
interested in that, sure, I know Jordan is.

213 Lakeside Drive Apt T-1  |