Date:      Fri, 16 Mar 2001 18:10:36 -0800
From:      "David O'Brien" <obrien@freebsd.org>
To:        Dima Dorfman <dima@unixfreak.org>
Cc:        James Housley <jim@thehousleys.net>, freebsd-arch@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Inherate nodump cause significant slow down of dump

On Fri, Mar 16, 2001 at 05:18:47PM -0800, Dima Dorfman wrote:
> I'm not terribly opposed to this, but OTOH I don't see why it's
> necessary.

Agreed.

> The slowdown only occurs if you set nodump on a directory.
..snip..
> In other words, the only thing that's broken is the new feature.

I guess I need to read the report again.  I don't see where there is a
bug.  There is a great slowdown in operating time -- ie a performance
nit, but no bug.  But as you said, if you want -h; you have to spend the
time processing.

--
-- David  (obrien@FreeBSD.org)
          GNU is Not Unix / Linux Is Not UniX