Date:      Mon, 26 Dec 2005 22:04:28 -0800
From:      "Ted Mittelstaedt" <tedm@toybox.placo.com>
To:        <danial_thom@yahoo.com>, "Winelfred G. Pasamba" <winelfredpasamba@gmail.com>
Cc:        pretenda@wrgn.net, freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   RE: FreeBSD router two DSL connections

No, what I said is that any ISP that is an end-node AS
and gets a feed from a network must tell that network
what IP blocks they are using to send traffic from.

Network to network peering is a different story - but
you won't find DSL or cable providers running DSL lines
from their peering routers to end users.  All that has
to happen is for the end user to start pumping a ton of
traffic into the peering router with the source IP number
of, say, www.fbi.gov and a destination IP of, say www.whitehouse.gov
and all kinds if interesting and unpleasant things will
start happening to the operators of that cable or DSL
provider once the feds finish tracking them down.

Think about it.

Ted