Date:      30 Mar 2000 04:26:30 -0800
From:      asami@freebsd.org (Satoshi - Ports Wraith - Asami)
To:        Ade Lovett <ade@lovett.com>
Cc:        ports@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: final call: VERSION variable

 * From: Ade Lovett <ade@lovett.com>

 * The only thing that worries me about this is that "it will touch
 * almost every single Makefile".
 *
 * Now, there have been sporadic threads about the "Version required"
 * comment at the top, which, if we delete it, will also touch every
 * single Makefile, so instead of two sweeps through the tree, if we
 * combine them, we only have one.

Sorry, should have mentioned that I'm planning to delete that comment
from most of the Makefiles as part of the sweep too.

Satoshi