Date:      Mon, 31 Dec 2007 14:04:11 -0500
From:      Joe Marcus Clarke <marcus@marcuscom.com>
To:        barbara <barbara.xxx1975@libero.it>
Cc:        gnome <gnome@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: hal and cd9660 volume.label

--=-+7O6R1Vmb5KlSO3m8kq5

On Mon, 2007-12-31 at 19:59 +0100, barbara wrote:
> > While we are using an older code base of hal currently, I don't see
> > anything in 0.5.10 on the Linux side that would trim the padding from
> > the volume label.
>=20
> So is the mentioned behavior "expected" ?

It is what it is.  We use the same library calls as Linux does.  We
expect the  results to be the same.

>=20
> > The code FreeBSD and Linux are using looks quite
> > similar.  What version of libvolume_id is the Linux machine using?
>=20
> libvolume_id-116

We are currently using version 108 (or there abouts).  I am working on
updating to hal-0.5.10, and have a port of libvolume_id-0.81.0
(udev-117).  You can download the diff from
http://www.marcuscom.com/downloads/libvolume_id.diff .  It may fix this
problem.

Joe

--=20