Date:      Sat, 25 Sep 1999 01:43:02 -0400 (EDT)
From:      "Chris D. Faulhaber" <jedgar@fxp.org>
To:        Ron Rosson <insane@lunatic.oneinsane.net>
Cc:        freebsd-hackers@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: intpm in STABLE

On Fri, 24 Sep 1999, Ron Rosson wrote:

> Thank you in replying so promptly. I look forward to seeing it get
> commited to the STABLE branch. It would be a dream come true to be able
> to see the temps internally of my servers without having to shutdown and
> take a look at it thru the bios. If it is not to much trouble or if you
> need someone to test patches. Please keep me in mind.

On a side note, I managed to convince my boss of the potential benefit of
monitoring servers in this fashion.  He has agreed to allow me to develop
a daemon (on company time) for monitoring and logging, BSD licensed even.

Personally, I don't want to think about losing the cooling fans in a
server with 6 10k RPM U2W drives. :)

-----
Chris D. Faulhaber <jedgar@fxp.org>  |  All the true gurus I've met never
System/Network Administrator,        |  claimed they were one, and always
Reality Check Information, Inc.      |  pointed to someone better.