Date:      Thu, 10 Apr 1997 20:02:16 -0400 (EDT)
From:      Thomas David Rivers <ponds!rivers@dg-rtp.dg.com>
To:        ponds!freefall.cdrom.com!freebsd-hackers
Subject:   More on my particular NFS problems (possibly the 3c509/ep0 driver?)

OK -

 recalling this is 2.2.1 and I mentioned a lockup during directory
accesses of NFS file systems (V2) - mounted from HP/UX 9.05 and SunOS.

 I did some quick tests on some other hardware, and am begining to
believe the problem is my 3c509.

 Apparently, the ep0 driver has undergone some changes and is possibly
the culprit...

 On Monday, the machine was running 2.1.5, happily doing NFS.

 On Tuesday, I installed 2.2.1; and now NFS hangs.

 Today (thursday) I tried the same operations using a 3c900 card
(admitedly on a different machine, running 2.2.1) and did not get the
problems.

 This makes me wonder if it's the 3c509 driver in 2.2.1...

 If this is so, would it explain the hang-up in sbwait()?

	 - Opinions? -
	- Dave Rivers -