Date:      Thu, 20 Apr 1995 15:07:38 -0400 (EDT)
From:      James Robinson <james@hermes.cybernetics.net>
To:        mephisto@nosferatu.cas.usf.edu (NatureBoy)
Cc:        hackers@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: TIA running on 3/22 snap

> [...]
> ability to use it as a slip server.  The only problem (sorta) he found
> with it is that all icmp packets and some udp packets fail.
>
> Joseph Orthoefer

TIA doesn't do ICMP packets (there's only so much that can be done without
kernel support :-) -- this is documented.

A friend of mine is a TIA client using FBSD 2.0. His biggest complaint
is that it is difficult for him to be a server for things like talk, mail,
etc., since he's not really on the internet. But, client oriented
activities are cool.

Glad to hear that it works straight out of the box!

James Robinson <URL http://hermes.cybernetics.net/>; wholly endorses:
FreeBSD | Zappa | Tull | Albermarle Ale | XFree86 | Seagull acoustic guitars |
                     <URL http://www.freebsd.org/>;
Quotes du Jour: "Little man, I give the watch to you." | "Hail Ants"