Date:      Thu, 8 Jan 2004 09:51:02 +0100
From:      "Erik H. Bakke" <ebakke@trolltech.com>
To:        Joe Fenton <jlfenton@citlink.net>
Cc:        freebsd-amd64@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: freebsd-amd64 Digest, Vol 31, Issue 3

On Thursday 08 January 2004 04:53, Joe Fenton wrote:
> I'm trying to get a "mptable -dmesg" to send to the guy keeping the mobo
> database
> for AMD64 systems, but I can't get the damn floppy to mount. /dev/fd0 is
> there,
> but when I try to mount it, it says that /mnt/floppy doesn't exist.
> Maybe someone
> can give me a little hint on this.

A very stupid suggestion, but I haven't followed this thread closely so I may
have missed the obvious here.

/mnt/floppy does exist in your filesystem, I assume?

An alternative could be to mount a disk image file, as far as the filesystem
driver is concerned that should work (The notorious 'should work') the same
way as a device node, I think.
Then, when you're done with the disk image, unmount it and copy the file raw
to /dev/fd0.

I do not have my AMD64 system yet, but it's on my budget for April so I can't
reproduce the problem locally yet, I'm afraid.

Best regards.
--
Erik H. Bakke