Date:      Thu, 11 Nov 1999 14:49:31 -0500
From:      "David W. Alderman" <dave@mmrd.com>
To:        Eric Lee Green <elgreen@iname.com>
Cc:        hardware@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: onStream?

When you say "helical-scan" don't you mean 8mm?  I have had nothing but
trouble with DDS/DAT drives.  I understand that some 8mm technologies are
very reliable.  Is the VXA based on 8mm, DDS or something new?  They have
been running the boiling-water gimmick in their ads, you know. :-)

At 06:40 AM 11/11/1999 -0700, Eric Lee Green wrote:
>I'm sorry, but while the OnStream is in all ways the penultimate of QIC
>technology, it will never have the reliability and speed of helical-scan
>technology.

Dave Alderman - Democracy should not be capital intensive.
Business: dave@mmrd.com
Personal: dwa@atlantic.net -or- dwa@netcommander.com